Monday, June 30, 2008

I'm back!

Who does that?!

Who starts a blog, does ONE rather meager post, then abandons it totally for YEARS (and forgets the password)??

Me, apparently.

At the time I wrote that first post, my kids were 14yrs, 2yrs, and 6 months old, and I was doing some contract work as the editor of a scientific report, so as much as I would have loved to embark on a great blogging journey, it was SO never going to happen. Until I got sick and was stuck in bed for a few days. Not that I make it a habit to take on too much at once...

Then I had to wait until everyone learned how to walk, talk, and eat their own breakfast in front of Ernie & Bert before I had time to come back :)

And now that I've managed to conquer the Google Mirror Maze to recover my password, I feel like I should start by setting out some kind of agenda, or at least explaining why I'm doing this. Or something. But how boring would that be?? Nah, I think I'll just jump in, and see what comes up while I'm learning how to edit this thing, and how to add photos and links - and what the hell's an RSS feed??

If you've been here longer than me (and really, who hasn't?) then any suggestions or tips would be gratefully appreciated - and don't forget to leave your own address so I can drop by and say thanks : )

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jo,

Here's a tip. We have a nice little community over at Twitter. You can follow me at http://twitter.com/crashtestmommy and check out my Following link there to find some other bloggers you probably know and love who also tweet.

Glad to find your blog.

Jo said...

Yay! First comment!
Thanks, Jen :)

Oh sure, first they get you blogging, then Stumbling, then they say "Come and Twitter, it's fun, all the cool kids are doing it"...

Sesame said...

Hey Jo
Found you through crashtestmommy's blog. Am new to this and I have just been set a challenge to find 6people to 'tag' to do their Tree of Happiness. Just looking for you to list 6 things that make you happy..couldn't be simpler..u up for it?? would be helping me out. Ta.

Sesame

http://songs-and-stories.blogspot.com